Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring flowers and crochet

 Happy Easter Weekend!! 
My weekend started on Wednesday and ends tonight. Unfortunately I work the next 4 days, but hey... I'm one for looking on the bright side (every now and then), so I'm thinking about how nice getting holiday pay will be. ;)

On my wonderful three days off though, we've been busy! 
Wednesday, hubby and I ran errands and then I spent the evening crocheting. 
Yesterday we went to Ikea and bought a new patio set, new pots for summer flowers, crib stuff, a new bathroom rug, new bedroom curtains, and all that other random s...tuff that finds its way into your cart. Lol! 
Ah, and today, we've sat in the sun enjoying our new patio furniture with the hubby and my friend. 
Sipping tea in good company, sunshine on my face, and yarn in my hands. Happy day ♥


 We've had gorgeous and sweet smelling spring flowers to enjoy these past few days (thanks to my mom's wonderful friend!) :)
Nothing more inspiring to take out the camera than some pretty flowers!!



"Paper weight narcissi" or "perunanarsissi" in Finnish (which translates to potato narcissi)...





How could I resist crocheting a few sweet Easter egg amigurumi? Here is the pattern I used from the wonderful Greedy for Colour blog :)
Brought back memories of learning to crochet and being ALL ABOUT amigurumi!! 
...counting rounds... 
 

Kissa keeps our Easter grass freshly mowed...



And no, I still haven't gotten over how much I love this orchid. Unfortunately, I think it's glory days are ending. As you can see, one flower has drooped and all the buds that were once closed, are now open and blooming... I saw this via pinterest about making orchids bloom again. I wonder if it works! 


I've crocheted more than just the eggs though!

I finally finished the baby blanket for my friend's daughter. I hope we will see them tomorrow so I can post about it soon (I've been trying to keep it a surprise!). I have the pictures taken for the reveal already! :) Stay tuned for that for sure!

So other than fiddling with little eggs, I've been fiddling with little flowers. 


And TA-DA!!!
I told you I was almost done with it!
This is the baby blanket for my little girl. ♥
Just need to finish it but hey, I have until at least the end of May, right? ;)
 It's all that pesky sewing in ends and crocheting squares together and adding a border business that I just don't have the interest in doing right now. 
But wow! Love LOVE love, the rainbow look! 


I had a couple more pictures of this, but stupid Blogger won't upload them! :( I'll try to add them some other time to another post. You get the gist pretty well with the sad picture above though.

So that's what I've been up to.
I think I will crochet some more eggs and flowers tonight if I have time.
Time to really buckle down and think about what kind of square to make for my next blanket. :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment