Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring in a new home!

So after what has been a hectic and crazy-busy February, March has brought better weather (even though it's still sooooo cold!) and a new home! 
With these two wonderful things, I am also finding more time to do things I want to do again... and so much energy and inspiration! 
Now if only that pesky job would end so I could really focus all my time on crafty endeavors ;)


The day before we moved we went to see The Killers in Helsinki. 
Yeah, I know, who goes to see a concert when moving stress is at it's peak? 
Funny how things work out though when you buy tickets months in advance, you never really know what will happen! 


Here is a picture from my phone taken from the Killer's concert. They are amazing live by the way and I highly recommend seeing them if you are the least bit a fan. 

I was hoping they'd play this song "Be Still" (because I'm obsessed with it being prego and all), but as expected, perhaps it was too slow of a ditty to perform live for a party crowd. They did play a lot of my favorites like "Dustland Fairyale", "For Reasons Unknown", and "Smile like you mean it". 
Ah, and Brandon Flowers has such a beautiful, powerful, and conveying voice... surely one of the best in music today. ♥
Is that enough fan talk? ;)

Wanna hear more about the new apartment?

Well I love it for starters!
 We have the furniture in its maybe permanent spots... Still working out the kinks from a few rooms...
I'm just blown away by how awesome a walk-in-closet is to have for storage! Wow, we have near empty closets in the bedrooms thanks to it! :)


Lots of kids live in this area... so our courtyard has several snowmen :)


That's my breakfast view. Urban scenery complete with trains passing. Thankfully, they aren't loud!
And speaking of breakfast, I've been on an oatmeal kick lately. This morning, I ate it with banana and red currants from last summer. What a surprisingly good combo!


I've had lots of flowers to keep me happy in our new home.
My friend brought us these beautiful red tulips last weekend. Thanks! :)

And last Saturday when we went to Ikea, I brought home this orchid and a pot of narcissi. 


And while we were out today shopping, hubby bought me pink tulips to enjoy for our anniversary (two whole years on Monday!!)


There were so many, I was able to take a few and put them on my nightstand. Having flowers on one's nightstand is a total quality of life measurement for me. :D
Aww, you can kinda see us in the background on our wedding day. Oh the happy memories ♥


I've been really into spring and Easter since the stores are suddenly full of daffodils and Easter chicks and chocolate eggs.




I'm loving having a proper dining room/nook now and I smile every time I walk by and see it :)


I'm having so many thoughts on decorating as far as themes and colors go... just kind of taking my time thinking though. I feel like we always rush into putting things together and then get tired so quickly, so maybe if we take our time, we'll enjoy it longer. :)

As is, I'm pretty tired most days when I get home from work. I think it has something to do with working a lot and growing a person inside. 


Here we are at 26 weeks and change. 
She's a kicker, a mover, and a shaker.
And she and I are getting bigger by the week!!
(especially this past week, I've really felt my clothes getting tighter!)
 
Well, I am itching to crochet since I am having a glorious 3 day weekend in honor of our anniversary and since daylight is slipping away, the cozy corner of the couch is calling my name. :) 
Ooh, and I bought some new yarn today which is always the motivator to finish any projects, because well, what's better than starting a new one? :)

Thanks for stopping by and hope spring is finding you where ever you might be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment