Monday, June 3, 2013

Entertaining


That cake = utterly fabulous.
If you like American style, dense, sweet, moist cakes with RICH frosting... you will love this recipe.
HIGHLY recommend it. I like it more than the go-to "busy day chocolate cake" recipe I've been using for a couple years.
I like it more than the chocolate cupcake base a la Annie's Eats (that I've used for baking cakes before). 
It is spectacular!
And easy.

Why make a cake like that?
Well we had a small dinner party! :)
Hubby invited his friend and family over so it was the perfect excuse to indulge in yummy food.

I made veggie stir fry and rice. Note how fun stir fries can be when you don't own a wok pan. Umm... why don't I own one?! I ask myself every darn time.
The stir fry sauce was pretty good, linky here. It makes A LOT, so you can easily halve it if you don't plan on making stir fry again the for the next week day.
The veggies we used: carrots, broccoli, onion, garlic, fresh new season cabbage, bell peppers, zucchini. 
 

To accompany the veggies and starch, we had protein in the form of Vietnamese Chicken Bites.
Well, the store we went to was out of ground chicken so we did ground turkey but they were AMAZING. 
Like so good we-need-to-make-them-once-a-week-good. 
As a dipping sauce, we just had Thai sweet chili sauce that they sell in the stores here. 
Yum!


This is the look of a kitty asking for you to drop her a turkey ball.
 

And this is the pink cover that my mama got me to protect cakes from that very face above. ;)
 

Dinner was great. The company was great. The evening was great.
But man, looking at those pictures makes me hungry!!


By the way, we usually never finish whole cakes around here just the two of us... but half that cake was gone once our guests left. And the other half only lasted a day and a half.
That's really saying something about how good it was, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment