Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Runeberg

Today is Runeberg's Day here in Finland. He was a famous Finnish poet, if you're interested, you can read about him here.

I thought yesterday was Runeberg's Day, so I whipped up a batch of his wife's famous pastry that we eat on that day... 

I guess the upside is celebrating two days in a row? ;) 

And for once, I have pictures to show on the of the holiday for that holiday. Cool!
It's not even 11 p.m. yet either! 



These past few days, I have been working a lot on my blanket and knitted shawl that I just had to take on a little instant gratification project. 


I'm making them for kids I know for Valentine's Day. 
Cute! 

If you want to make one, the pattern and tutorial are here @ bunny mummy's blog 
They are really fast and easy.
The only change I made was for the eyes. I made a magic circle and hdc 8 into it. Then I made french knots for the eyes. 

The pink and green one on the left was for my little muffin. 


It might be me, but she's the cutest thing I've ever seen. ;)

And crawling so fast and all around the house now. She's ever so busy!

Hope you are having a wonderful Runeberg Day. Even if you don't know who he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment