Tuesday, February 25, 2014

So close, on the edge!

Ok, so maybe the title was a bit dramatic. 
But what I'm referring to of course, is my blanket!
I've now crocheted together 80 squares, 8x10 rows.


Here it is more laid out for viewing purposes:


I've actually surprised myself and immediately after crocheting the final rows, I began sewing in the ends!! I know, no procrastination on a not-so-fun job, I can hardly believe it myself! ;) 

Seriously though, why must I procrastinate about everything that's even just a little tedious or irritating to take care of? 
Phone calls are the worst!

Anywho, I've even started work on the border today after I got the last ends sewn in. Woohoo!
I am so into this blanket now, it's ridiculous.
I want to work on it until it's done and I can hardly put it down!

By far, my most favoritest ever crochet make. ♥

This week saw us back at Ikea. I haven't been there since maybe November? 
Of course, I walked away with an orchid. How could I when they were even on sale?!


We also got some baby proofing items for our mobile little one, new curtains (the living room ones barely cover the window as we found out when the sun shone for 2 hours a couple weeks ago), and a new duvet cover. We've been using the Christmasy red blanket from my parents since November and now that it's getting brighter and the snow is gone (!), spring is on our minds. Time to lighten up!



This was the cheapest of the three contenders and now that we have it in our room, we are happy we went with it. 
Hubby especially loves it, and I have been teasing him about liking "French country" style stuff. ;)

My sister got Miss Muffin a tea party set. :)



But I think the cat is more interested in it than Muffin since she's been stealing pastries every chance she can get!


So that's about it. Just mainly wanted to share my progress on the blanket!

(and obviously my pretty new orchid)

See ya around soon!
Maybe next time, I'll have one more completed blanket under my belt! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment