Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sneaking a moment...

I'm sneaking a moment to share my latest going-ons... I feel naptime might be running out so I'll make it brief!

 Meal planning.
It sounds boring and tedious to decide what you're going to eat for the next week. I used to think so anyway.
We've been doing this for a month or two and it's changed the way we cook (healthier!) and the way we spend money at the grocery store (less!).
Here's a spaghetti dinner we made. I just love the look of the pasta :D


Pussy willows. 
The first sign of spring. I can't believe the winter we've had and how fast spring has come.
(even though it's snowing outside at the moment, it's supposed to melt by Friday).
 

I haven't gotten around to crocheting or knitting much since last time. 
Unfortunately! 
But my knitting machine Aunt whipped out TWO pairs of baby socks for Elisabeth while she was in town! :)
 

The border is growing. Slowly. 
I made a whole row of sc in the light gray... only to get about 15 stitches from the end of the WHOLE ROW and run out of yarn! GRRRR!
It pissed me off enough that only today have I picked up the hook again. 
Now I'm just going to do hdc rows of green and the dark gray. 
This blanket is already getting used though, even with some ends hanging off. It's perfectly large and thick!


As an anniversary present from my aunt, we got a pot of pansies. 
(I had just complained about how I will miss out on pansies on my balcony this year). 
They are so very pretty!
 



My muffin is growing at warp speed and now she can stand up all by herself against any table or chair that she chooses. 
 

This face is so cute that I can't even handle it.
I have this photo as my background on the laptop and it makes me smile every time. 

Just over a week left until we are headed to Japan... 
I can't handle that either! 

There is so much still up in the air about living there AS WELL AS after we get home... 
If ever, now is the time to just say, what happens happens and hope for the best!

Life's an adventure, right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment