Friday, January 31, 2014

Yarny post!

Wow what a week!
Monday I felt a little funny but didn't think much of it...until Tuesday I felt a little more funny.
Then started the vomiting. Blah.
I'll spare you the details but let's just say stomach bugs are horrible! I haven't had one in years (although I certainly was reliving my "morning" sickness during this illness...), and I hope I won't for a few more years now. 
I'm so GRATEFUL that my little muffin didn't get sick and that hubster only got a very mild case of what I had. How fortunate!

Needless to say, not much has been happening here this week.

I have however, today, gotten around to taking a few photos and I figured I'd better do something with them before they just sit around. If pictures could sit. 
Ugh, it's one of these days.

 This amaryllis is from a bulb that was supposed to only have two stalks and dutifully bloomed around New Year's and after. Then it produced a surprise third and I was tickled! However, the plant itself is pale and pitiful, so I just chopped it off and put it in this little vase. Cute and sooooo vibrant!
Almost makes me like red more. ;)


I'd better get on to yarny stuff because I called this a yarny post!
Here is all that is left of my blue and green stash that my stash-busting sunburst granny square blanket is supposed to use!
It's dwindled quite a bit if you compare it to this post from (ahem) 10 months ago HERE, you can see that I have used quite a bit of yarn. I will say, I discarded two yarns. One because it was just too thick, the other because I wanted to make the scarf below in this post. :D 
I don't know if I'll make it to 88 squares, but I'm up to 50 now! 


Oh, and pictured above is not the 3 skeins (150g) of the gray border yarn. I bought quite a bit of it since it was just on sale and well... If I run out of color perhaps I just make a decorative border?
Oh, and below are only 40 squares. I haven't sewn the last 10 on, and think  I won't until I'm done. I'm worried that the blanket will then end up lopsided because I ran out of certain colors or something.
 

Ah and this project.
This is a Drops design pattern which you can find here
I really like this but I'm stumped as to how I've managed to add stitches where they do not belong... I need to:
a) unravel until I find the culprit
b) ask my mom. 

:D 
 

Oooh crawling baby getting into trouble.
That's my cue!

Ta-taa and cheerios!
I hope you're staying healthy despite the bugs going around! 

Oh, and a picture of my cuteness before I go! Almost forgot :) 


Silly muffin says "what?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment