Monday, October 1, 2012

Crochet, crochet

Ah, a crochet post. Again.
How refreshing after all this time posting about everything but. :)

I've had a crochet weekend.
I've come to find that I always get really excited and inspired to crochet in the fall. I suppose it's the cool weather combined with the rain. Nothing better than sitting back and enjoying some color therapy via yarn. 

I picked up some Novita Puro (my favoritest yarn ever!) yarn on Friday from the clearance section. I guess the color "aallokko" (=waves) is going out of production. 
Needless to say I snatched up two 50g skeins...
And then decided after my fall foliage post that I need fingerless mittens for photography purposes.

Voila!



Then I decided that it's probably wise to sew the ends in for my godmother's blanket. I hate sewing in ends. I know most crocheters do, but ugh. 
I figured I'd better sew them in before I crochet another round of 12 squares.
 

I've also been a bit stumped by how I should arrange the squares. I've laid them out many times but have come to the conclusion of doing dark-light-dark patterns. It's just so hard to envision the final product without the white borders, I guess.
(yarn shopping, yay!)



Then I started another baby blanket. I seem to have more and more friends with buns in the oven. I'm loving it! :) 


 This is using the leftovers and the most boyish colors I had in my stash of the softest merino wool (Viking baby ull... or something like that).
 I'm going to make a big granny square because... I'm obsessed with granny squares. STILL.

While looking for the yarns above, I did inventory on my rainbow granny baby blanket. I have 40 squares already! Holy moly! 
I started making this blanket for whatever offspring bless us one day... but the more I look at it, I think my other prego friend would love it just as much as I do.
And hey, I can make myself another. ;)


Laying this one out and deciding on a pattern is a challenge too. I rather like this diagonal pattern.
 I should add the final row of gray and sew them together. Looks like I'm missing just a few more squares till it's complete!

♥ Colors ♥ Yarn ♥ Crochet ♥


Today, I'm trying to focus on my thesis. 
This is the fuel, along with coffee.


I'm almost out of fuel. :(
(--> ending up here!)

Hope your Monday is off to a good start. :)
Don't forget to check out my other blog 

It's hard keeping up with two blogs!!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment