Monday, April 1, 2013

Baby Rose Blanket

Here's the big reveal!! :) 





 

The pattern can be found here from Lion Brand's website (requires free registration to see it): Rose square baby afghan
There was a total of 25 squares and the total size was approx. 70x70cm. 

I used Gjestal Silja yarn and a 5mm hook. 
Because I thought the blanket would just be too busy and too much with every square a rose, I made a simple granny square and alternated the pattern. 
Doing this, I ended up with a slightly wonky blanket.
...Which I then made worse by hand stitching a fleece backing... but I thought of those little fingers getting all tangled in the backs of the flowers (this pattern is rather hole-y), and I knew it had to be done!
I don't know if I will ever sew a blanket to fleece again... there was a lot problems with the yarn blanket stretching and the fleece stretching... Annoying!

The border was just a row of granny stripe in blue using the Bunny Mummy technique of getting a flat border.
Then I made a row of dc in pink and a row of sc in blue again.

I really love the blanket and the colors too. Perfect for the little girl I made this for. :)
I hope she likes the contrast as her little eyes develop, and the flowers when she's older and understands that it's just straight up pretty!

I've said it before, and I will say it again; I really love crocheting with loved ones in mind. Especially babies! Every blanket I've made, I've put so many well-wishes and love into for the little ones. As I crochet, I sit and think of what kind of amazing person they will grow up to be and all the amazing things they will experience and accomplish. 
Ah, such a beautiful thing! :') 

Thanks for stopping by!!
Have a wonderful week!!
I will try to be back soon with the beginnings of my latest project! Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment