Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sun, sunbursts, and seed starting

Snippets of the last few days...

Admiring Kissa sitting in perfect kitty form.



She's been mowing the lawn... and those Easter eggs have become some of her favorite toys. Tsk tsk...
 

I've started on my new blanket.
This is the stash I'm trying to use up. Blues and greens!! Also a bit of gray... 
 

I've been using the infamous Priscilla Hewitt's Sunburst Granny Square Pattern which I have linked there.
 I used this tutorial to help me fumble through the first square, but since I've started making these daily, I must say, the pattern is easy to memorize once you get the hang of it!
This tutorial by Eda's Crochet Room was helpful to learn with since the pattern calls for some stitches I don't think I've ever made before. 



I bought more little tete-a-tete narcissi. :)
 



We've had such gorgeous sunny weather and since today was my day off, we sat outside and I crocheted and soaked in the rays. 
 

I had a grand seed starting afternoon. Zinnia, asters, pumpkin, decorative gourds, corn, sunflowers, marigold, snapdragons, watermelon... I still have more seeds to plant, but the irony is running out of the 10 liter bag of particular seed starting dirt that I went all over town to find.
Also, I am running out of containers to start them in! I have egg cartons, washed out meat tubs, yogurt cups, sour cream cups, microwave meal and soup dishes... I've been saving all these things for weeks, even going as far as purposely buying particular foods for lunch at work to be able to save the container they come in!!
:D 
And it's still not enough!
I think I'm just gonna have to ask folks at work to save me their yogurt cups and the like. 
I don't know how many more microwave meals I can eat either. :P

 Hey, does this count as gardening post #0.5 of 2013?


Hahaha... 
I can't wait for the snow to be GONE so that I can stomp around the garden in my blue boots again and think about where exactly I am going to plant everything. 
Even though I've made at least two plans on paper already, lol!

Well, that's it for me. 
Off to bed soon, even though it's fairly early. This pregnancy fatigue is kicking my ass. 
Pregnancy -- which reminds me!!
The pictures of the baby blanket that blogger wouldn't upload a few posts ago...
Here ya go!



Thanks for stopping by! 
See ya around!

No comments:

Post a Comment