Monday, April 22, 2013

Housewarming

Saturday we had a small housewarming party. It was so nice to see friends and eat some good eats!! :)


I made these delicious mini vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting from the Brown Eyed Baker blog. The recipe was linked there for ya! It was a good one and could be my new go-to vanilla cupcake recipe!
I made about 48 mini cupcakes from the recipe, but I guess it makes about 12 regular cupcakes.
 

I cut some corners and served garlic bread from the frozen section of the grocery store.
Then I chopped up lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, and green onion for the salad. I think it looks nice to add some carrot strips to the top (just use a vegetable peeler for them).
 

The potato salad was perhaps my favorite thing. It consisted of diced boiled potatoes and eggs, diced pickles, green onion, chopped parsley and homemade mayonnaise. I garnished with more chopped green onion and parley and a sprinkling of paprika for color.


We had some pretzels, broccoli florets, cucumber sticks, carrot sticks, sour cream dip and hummus for easy finger foods. 
The hummus recipe was loosely based on the first one I saw on google. But basically you just throw together some chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, salt, pepper, and oil and blend it together till it is a puree. I added a bit of water to make it smoother. Then I made a well in the middle and poured some olive oil from a sun-dried tomato jar we had (since I always see pictures of hummus drizzled with oil) and garnished with chopped parsley and paprika. 

 All in all, the food was great! :)


We had a change to our view...
The graffiti was removed and I must say I kinda miss it, it was so urban.
 

 Thanks to the rain last week, the snow melted at warp speed!
Now if the grass would just get green...


My parents are firm believers of having flowers at parties so they bought us the gorgeous dusty pink lisianthus bouquet on the right. 
One of our friends brought us the gorgeous mixed bouquet as a part of their gift. :) 
I looooooooooove having flowers to admire and take pictures of!!
 




I think I'm gonna end this here on a flowery note. 
I still have some pictures left of the house. I realize, I've never given ya'll a tour! :)

Maybe next time!
Thanks for popping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment