Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Gray granny blanket ta-daah!

Ta-daaaah!
It's complete! 
I actually completed this on Sunday night... just been lazy to getting the pictures uploaded. 
 

I ended up making a shell edge for the blanket. Simple, improvised, pretty.
 

My mom said she loves it. And I do too. :)
 

So on to the next blanket. Thank goodness this one is going to be smaller! 


Our tomatoes have done the impossible (kind of). They've thrived, grown huge...and are starting to bloom!! I can't believe we might have actually pulled this off! 
(The little jalapenos haven't done so well...especially with the cat eating leaves here and there....)


We bought a chili plant from the market a month or so ago, since the ones we grew from seed were struggling. This one has managed to survive somewhat the damage from the cat and is actually blooming and on it's way to producing jalapenos. 
 

Due to work and rain, I haven't been lucky enough to make it to the garden.  However, my parents and my hubby have been a few times without me to pick the strawberries. Mmmmmm.... I've eaten strawberries in yogurt, on salad, plain (the best!), and in a fruit salad. 
Ohhhh summer tastes so good!


So that's it for me tonight. 
Just wanted to share my finished blanket! 

Thanks for popping in! Hope you've had a nice Wednesday! 
:)

4 comments:

  1. The blanket looks very nice! Great job! And yum-meeee on that salad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am again! Sorry. I don't mean to seem like a stalker! LOL! Your blanket is beautiful and I am going to go to that tutorial as soon as I finish Megan's flower blanket. Her baby girl (our granddaughter!) is due in October, so I need to get crackin. Your garden just takes my breath away. It's my dream to grow our own produce, but here in Florida it is just so hard! We had some success with tomatos, cucumbers (hydroponically) last year. We also had some great arugula. You've inspired me to get some seeds going for a fall/winter crop. Wish me luck. After reading your blog this morning, I went into my craft room and completed a project and made some cards! Thank you for that! The project I completed is a gift for Elina. I've been working on it for weeks, so now it's done. I'll try to get it over to her in the next day or two. Keep the posts and pictures coming! Your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just realized I've been behind on checking out comments! :) I wonder if watermelon would grow in south florida? That's something I'd love to try but don't think they'd make it in the short (and relatively cold) season we have here. Elina showed me the bag you made her --- gorgeous!! :) I think I need to get the sewing machine out that we borrowed from my mom ;)

      Delete