Thursday, July 12, 2012

Roses!

Last weekend, we made a trip to the arboretum. I have always loved it there, and probably always will.

There is a wonderful rose garden...the place of my dreams!

"Peace", such a classic!


Can't remember the name of this rose, but it was such a violent shade of red. Wow!




Weird triple rose anomaly...




Other than the roses (and trees), the arboretum makes my heart swell with the colors and diversity of the flowers elsewhere. 
These are, I believe, a summer variety of primula.


Oh! And peonies! I think I'll dedicate a post to peonies on their own. I don't remember ever seeing so many and all the bushes just BLOOMED OUT! What a year for them! 


There are lots of ducks at the arboretum (around the pond and lake) and there hasn't been a time yet that I haven't seen someone feeding the ducks bread. The squirrels have caught on and have become very tame, running up to see if you have anything for them as well. This little one circled around us and then scattered off as soon as he realized we were empty handed! 




I can't wait to go back in a couple weeks or so when it's really in full bloom. Last weekend, there were just a few of the early bloomers to admire. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment