Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer winding down

As summer is winding down, I'm winding up. Only 13 more days of work to go... you can't imagine how thrilled I am!!

The other night we had a gorgeous sunset. Well, we've been having beautiful sunsets all summer, but this one I actually caught on camera. Note that this was taken around midnight!! 



I've been cuddling a lot with my boo-bear. Goodness me, I love that puppy!!! 
 

Hubby had his birthday and I happened to get the day off... We spent a leisurely morning lounging around, then we walked to all the best flea markets and thrift stores in town (bought a few cute things, will share another time), and then made sushi for dinner and invited my parents over. It was a great day and we had such a nice time just walking around together. 
 

Oh, and every celebration needs a little bubbly. And a little Iittala. ;)
 

Oooh...and every birthday needs a dessert too!! Hubby chose these caramelitas (I showed him my baking board on pinterest and told him to pick something!) and we ate them with vanilla ice cream.... OH-EM-GEE holy caloric intake!! These are SO ridiculous, over-indulgent, r-i-c-h....and absolutely mind blowingly amazing!!! YUM!
 

I made a 9x13 pan of them and doubled the recipe per instructions...but didn't have enough of the oatmeal cookie layer to coat the bottom and crumble on top...so I used coconut instead. 

Another thing that I've been up to but haven't taken pictures of.... my gray granny blanket... 
IT'S ALL CROCHETED TOGETHER!! 
Yaaaaaaay!!
Now I just need to work on the border and I'm DONE! Woohooo!
It's taken me longer than I hoped, but hey, life is life. (and it has a bad habit of getting in the way of my crafty endeavors!)
It's so pretty... I'll take pictures soon and share... 

Thanks for stopping by, I'm sure I'll be around before too long. 
Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment