Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Garden post 11.5

I'm titling this post as "Garden post 11.5", because garden post 11 was hidden in the post titled "September stress". 
The last actual garden post I wrote was already a month ago (today on the button!) and a mere #10. 

Funny how a blog about crocheting and painting/crafting and baking has become a gardening and photography blog... 
Not that I don't crochet or bake/eat anymore. ;) I just do those things less it seems. I'll chuck it up to being busy and seasonal efforts (=gardening and nature) taking up my time. It's true!!
On to it!!

This is the top of the corn stalk. 

Potato harvesting


Our big yellow pumpkin.
Hubby cut it up, roasted and pureed it. This will be used in autumnal desserts like perhaps a pumpkin pie?
Roasted pumpkin seeds = awesome.


Who knew dill could be so pretty?


Yellow snapdragons


Manta the very serious garden bear.

 
At home our tomato plants are long gone (without ever bearing more than a few flowers) and the chiles and jalapenos are doing well. We have 4 VERY HOT red chili peppers and many more green ones. The jalapenos are blooming. :)




Next time I'll share some of the little bouquets I've had in the house over the past month or so. 
Lots of pictures I haven't shared! 

See you soon, thanks for popping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment