Sunday, May 6, 2012

Another week flown by...

I've written this post at least twice in the past week, and haven't found the time to upload the pictures for it... and then have moved on, deleted, re-written and now I've ended up here again! 
The cause is simple: lack of concentration, stress increase, and inadequate amount of time. 
I hate that time and I just don't work well together! I love thinking that I have great time management skills, but reality is that I only get things done on time through desperation and panic. Until then, I've been procrastinating! Lol! 

Let me just let the pictures finish the talking, since I have a feeling this post has the potential of becoming a rambling one about stress, time, and the usual suspects.

Kissa looking pretty. As usual.


Munkkis are Finnish donuts eaten on May Day. I made a batch of gluten-free for my dad and a batch of regular for the rest of us. 
 
 


Later on May Day, we took advantage of the good weather and head to the garden. We went a few more times last week, but I didn't really have the time or patience to take any good pictures, except these willows.
 





I baked a chocolate cake with coffee buttercream for guests we had last night. It was mighty delicious and I was so happy to get a chance to bake. It's been forever!
 



And we finally tried last week's Asian marinade on chicken. It was even better, since we marinated the chicken overnight. We pan fried the chicken and served it with jasmine rice and broccoli. 
More, please!
 

We're off again this evening to the garden, I'll try to get together some decent pictures for my first garden post of the season! :)

For past garden posts, check out this link to my old blog

Thanks for stopping by, have a nice week!

 

1 comment: