Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ferns and the forest

I love spring. 
A lot.

I love the woods. 
A lot.

I love Saturdays.
Yeah, you guessed it, a lot. 

Ohhhh, and I love taking pictures, too! :)
 


Ferns for my sister.
 




We took a little detour on our morning woodsy walk down to the water's edge to take some boat pictures. 
 



I'm loving the bright lime green birch leaves against the black and white of the tree trunk and against the blue sky. I see where marimekko get's their inspiration from!
 

"The stump". I follow the seasons according to the stump. Lol!
 



It's so very green from the window now. I loves it!
 

I baked my favorite lemon and coconut bars today... And added some fresh grated ginger to the crust, YUM!
 

What do I not love? 

School.
Work.
Feeling pressed for time to get ANYTHING done.

But one must remember that:
a) everything is temporary
b) things could always be worse
c) being grateful is a choice.

I'm grateful for the time I've had today to walk in the woods, take pictures, bake and eat something yummy, and spend time on skype with loved ones.

Hope you're having a nice weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment