Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gardening post 2

The garden on May 12th. 
So much progress in just SIX days! Yes, less than a week!! 
I can't wait to go back!

The daffodils opened up... and these are just the first of many!


The little grape hyacinths are about to bloom. Gorgeous!


Perfect sunny yellows...
If you're the type who likes yellow.


Just last week these currant bushes were full of little leaves and buds... Now it's full blown green! 


And the leaves on these rhubarbs have probably tripled. I can't wait --- rhubarb, yum!!


The lily-of-the-valley are poking their heads up. Their smell has to be one of the best.


There was a certain yellow theme going on... Sunny pansy.


The tulips are looking more bloom-tastic but aren't quite there yet...


And as for the garden front at home, I have little guys growing in front of the kitchen window, soaking up all the morning sun: jalapenos, bell pepper, and tomato. I was planning on growing them inside and seeing how they would do. One year we tried tomato at the garden, but the summer's are just too cold and too short for such a plant outdoors. But then last night, I saw this SUPER idea on pinterest for a little DIY greenhouse... I wonder if we could make it happen. And I just so happen to have all these great little starts to try with!


I prefer buying yogurt in cartons so that I can recycle them easily, but I bought little yogurt cups for the very purpose of starting seedlings. I can't wait to start planting in bigger pots and watching them GO!


Oh, other things done at the garden this week: potato starters planted, a new rose bush planted (to replace one that didn't make it through winter), hubby worked some more on the "patio", weeding, planted some sweet pea seeds, and turned the last bit of the veggie garden. 

Wow!

Hope you've had a nice weekend and happy mother's day! 
I have some pictures of the brunch for my mom and some daffodils in a vase...but that's for next time.
Now, it's bed time! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment