Thursday, May 31, 2012

Garden post 4

Wow! What a month!

May has been the month of stress for me...which is a shame because I usually love May! 
However, I've been waiting for this day...the sweet last day of May. Woohoo!
Although I suppose there isn't much for celebration since I'm SO BUSY with work and life. But at least the life part is exciting, right. ;)

I spent last weekend in Tallinn with some friends for my dear friend's bachelorette party. Fun! I'll have to share the pictures another time...when I get more time... Lol!

But for now, here's the going-ons from the garden. I haven't really had much time for anything else but work, school, and garden. All three things are taking precedence over everything else. Or have all been at crucial points. Boy, I'm tired! 

Here are some pictures from May 22nd.


Lily of the valley! 

Blooming "tuomi". 


Pheasants at the garden. They haven't done any damage to our garden so far this year. And now there are at least two males with their girlfriends...can't wait to see some babies! :)
 

Here are some pictures from May 24th...
Tulips in a vase at my parent's house.
 

Dandelions. They can be pretty when they are just on the side of the road in a ditch. But they should know better than to welcome themselves to our garden as they often do. 
 

More "prunus padus".
 

There is so much pollen in the air... thanks to these guys. I feel bad for those with allergies, I'm so lucky to not have any! This year is apparently a record year for pollen...
 

By May 29th, the second batch of tulips were blooming. These are the same kind we had last year (I believe the variety is "angelique") but this year they are a deep pink instead of red. I love them, they are like peonies! 


The lily of the valleys are finally blooming!!! Or well, I'm sure they've opened by today.
 

Ah. Forget-me-not. How could I?
 


My dad's great idea to transport the tulip bouquet in rhubarb leaves. Kinda cute!
 

Ah, rhubarb. Yum!
 

Remember when I said we started some seeds late... Well here are the brussels sprouts. I had no idea that they would come up so quickly AND have heart shaped leaves!
 

And here are the AMAZING pumpkin starts. I swear these look different every day, in the difference of morning compared to evening. It's like magic or something!
 

Sigh.
I wish I could putter around the garden every day.
Alas, it's off to work within the hour for me. 

Hopefully I can get back here soon so I can share some pictures of Tallinn!

Hope you're having a nice week! Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment