Monday, June 18, 2012

First arboretum trip of the season!

In my last post I mentioned my visit to the arboretum, one of my favorite places on Earth. 
I seriously love that place!! Perfect scenery, lots of different plants, flowers, and trees. 

Looking through the pictures today and finally uploading them to this blog, I thought of a quote my sister wrote in my birthday card:

"We lose ourselves in the things we love. We find ourselves there, too."

I love photography of all kinds, but my most favoritest is flower photography. :)


Purple tulips... and still in bloom! Whaaaaat?
 

White lilac and blue skies. ♥


Dark red apple tree blossoms. These are just decorative apple tree blossoms though. 
 

Oh and lilac. A whole bunch of sweet sweet smelling lilac. A perfectly located bench!!



More decorative apple tree blossoms...  Oh my!




Blue and white forget-me-nots. :)




Oh my bleeding heart...






SUNSHINE!!!


Horse chestnut blossoms ALWAYS remind me of candles on a tree.


And a buzzy bee! 



Our path through the arboretum was to where my hubby's boat was waiting. 
Here's a sweet Queen Anne's lace along the path.
 

And fern right by my hubby's row boat.
 

We took the boat out to the garden, about a half hour away. The lake was perfectly calm, but it was chilly out there!! I love this rippled mirror reflection, it's really something. I don't think even the best picture in the world could come in close to seeing it in real life!
We ate our "picnic" sandwiches out on the boat and had some coffee from the thermos. :)



Oh summer. 
How I do love thee. 

I have finally finished the editing of all the wedding pictures.
Went to another great wedding, but didn't even take my camera!
Finished my 6 day work stretch.
Had one day off (slept 12 h!!).
Been to Ikea, only to find out they didn't have the curtain fabric we went there for...and they won't be getting it until next week! Argh!
 Today we cleaned the house, went to the dog park with friends, and went to the garden to pick weeds!
 Oh my wonders the progress the garden has made!!
 (Pictures to follow soon!) :)

One more day off. 
And it's going to be a rainy one!

Hope your week is off to a good start! 

See ya around!

No comments:

Post a Comment