Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tallinn

Last weekend was spent in Tallinn, Estonia. 
I had never been before and it wasn't really on my agenda (or in the budget), but my dear soon-to-be-Mrs-friend arranged her bachelorette party to be a spa weekend getaway. I couldn't say no! 

We were blessed with GORGEOUS weather and we had a blast together. It was just 5 of us, the bride included. We arrived late morning on Saturday, spa'd it up in the afternoon (I had my hair trimmed, others had facials, manicures, massages, and highlights done). After the spa, we went out to the fanciest dinner I've ever eaten...like the portions were little works of art. For someone who usually just slops a whole bunch of food on their plate...it was fancy! Then we watched a bit of the Eurovision, had a few drinks, and then went out to a crazy-ish club to dance. I was exhausted by then, quite frankly the one vodka drink I had while watching the Eurovision literally put me out, but I think we had a nice night anyway. At least those with more energy kept the party going! Lol!
Sunday morning we went out for breakfast and then stopped by the liquor store (alcohol is so much cheaper there than in Finland) and then hopped on the boat home. 
I had a really wonderful time and made the executive decision that my mom and I are going to take a mother-daughter only trip to Tallinn at the end of May next year. It was gorgeous and there is so much she and I would enjoy to see together! I hope it works out!

Anywho, enough blabbering!
Here are some snapshots from the trip!

A fellow cruise ship. I love the blues in this picture! :)


We happened to be there during the "old city's days" and there was an outdoor theater performance with this dragon creature eating various actors and then moving across the square and climbing up a building. It was a bit crazy and confusing but probably made more sense if you could understand Estonian. :D
 

Then at some point these amazing tight rope riding folks came out and threw silver confetti into the air. It wafted down in the most beautiful way, truly breathtaking for a glitter obsessed girl like me!
 

And then when the beast was won (I think, lol), confetti was exploded into the air...also beautiful! 
 


This was a little lane by where we stayed. I loved the old architecture.
 

I could have spent my whole life right here. Honestly, if I were Estonian, I would consider this as a career option. Surrounded by flowers all day? Um yes please!
 

Puts our lily of the valley to shame. Hahaha...
 

We surprised the bride-to-be at the spa with some sparkling wine. 
 

And we bought her this flower. I couldn't not take a picture. I really like how it turned out!
 

All the decorative doors...wow what inspiration! This one was a pink, salmon and yellow door. Yes, please, and thank you for my future farm!
 

Gorgeous blue building, candy colored striped shutters...
 

Here is a bit of the cityscape as seen from the harbor on the boat. 
 

Ah, bye bye Tallinn! Thanks for being a great first experience!
 

I was surprised how pretty it was, at least in the "old town" bit. I would love to go again soon, too bad it's not cheaper (and I'm not richer!) :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment