Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Garden post 6

Oh no! I'm falling behind with my blogging!!
Thanks a lot, work! :P 
Another reason: obsessing over fall plans. Working out budgets, timelines, oooh and that pesky thesis!  
(I swear I am going to throw it into a fire when it's all said and done!)

I am in serious need of a real vacation. This brain needs to get away! 


That said, I miss having time to devote to my little blog. And I miss miss miss having time for painting and crocheting! These days, the closest I can get to creative expression is through a camera. If I didn't have that, I'd be in the looney bin! (I get a little crazy when I can't be creative on a regular basis...) 

 (our neighboring garden's poppies)

I love my camera, love photography, but I really miss my paintbrush and the smell of turpentine. It's a different kind of rush when you start a painting on an empty canvas and see it develop into something beautiful. 
 
(neighboring garden's irises)

As for crocheting, I have been dabbling... Like I mentioned in the post before last, I crocheted a few rows together of the big granny square blanket...and yesterday, I crocheted a few more granny squares of my rainbow baby blanket. 
Good thing there aren't any babies coming to my atelier soon, because this blanket is SLOW GOING! :D 

(another flower from another neighbor's garden) 

My list of to-do's around the apartment is ginormous. We haven't washed the windows yet and summer is half over (something most Finns do in spring!)... My cousin is visiting from California next weekend and it's a legitimate fear she might die from tripping over the dust bunnies in the night. (Ok, maybe that's a bit of exaggeration, but it's not looking great here!) There is a pile of rugs to be washed... An aquarium in need of scrubbing.
Ugh, I'm tired already and I  haven't even mentioned the closets, kitchen or bathroom!

(yep, neighbor's)

Thank goodness the garden doesn't always feel like work. 
Especially when sometimes all you do when you get there is take pictures! :)


Amen for flowers!


(The pansy is ours!)

Thanks for reading! 
Hope you're having a wonderful and relaxing summer...and are noticing flowers to brighten your day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment