Thursday, May 9, 2013

2013: Garden post #3

On Monday, we went to the garden. But how we got there was a little different -- by boat!!
On the way to the boat, we saw some little woodland anemones in the woods. A sure sign of spring here in Finland.





We had a great time at the garden. 
It was sunny and warm. Lots of stuff to do!

The little Easter narcissi from last year that I planted in the fall have not only risen, but are the first to bloom...


The daffodils aren't too far behind. 
I am not one for yellow, I've mentioned my love/hate relationship with the color before... but I really really really like daffodils. Like they could possibly even be on the top 5 list of favorite flowers.


Tulips are ranked probably at #2 or 3. :)


Hubby built us a humble terrace (which was quickly covered in dirt from muddy boots). We are making a little patio of sorts and will have a bench + small table and chairs to sit on and picnic at. The edge seen in the back is the currant bushes (which will provide not only privacy but snacks) and the side facing the road will become a chicken wire wall with vines growing up it. For privacy, snacks, and prettiness. We need prettiness in this life!!


This delightful thorn bush is what I assume to be gooseberry. It's on our new plot.


And the rhubarb is rising so nicely. 


We have sooo many currant bushes now with the plots combined. It's just never-ending!


My dad's second favorite thing to grow after raspberries, is potatoes. 
Now that the raspberry situation is under control (still waiting on those new shoots), he went ahead and planted the seedling potatoes.


One perennial I've always wanted but never had: poppies. These gems are on the corner of the new plot. 
I can't wait for them to bloom!!


What's this? More daffodils? :)


The peonies have risen! Hopefully we get some blooms this year!!


This Saturday is my baby shower and I've been busy prepping and planning. 
I've also been working hard on a little strawberry mobile for my little summer strawberry. :)
Oh, and building my container garden on the balcony. Pansies galore! ♥ 
(For those who don't know, they're the absolute #1 favorite flower o'mine!)

Pictures to follow of all of the above! 

See ya next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment