Thursday, May 16, 2013

Living room and patio

What's the deal, Blogger?
I literally had apartment pictures uploading ALL last night... and basically these were all I got to upload.

So below you can see the corner of our living room. Hubby's handmade coffee table, our Ikea Ektorp couch and chair, Ikea Lack table, Ikea Expedit bookcase, Japan pictures in Ikea frames, flea market find rag rug, and my humble first crochet blanket. 
So what if we like Ikea? 
It's student budget friendly! :)


Those Japan pictures are supposed to get hung on the wall above the couch. But we ran into a slight problem of sheetrock walls --> we'd have to drill to put them up --> I hate drilling for so many reasons.
So for now, we have stark white walls. 
And I'm kind of ok with that. 


This is the window and patio door corner of the living room. 
More Ikea furniture. 
The TV stand (Ikea Hemnes) was bought from a sorta friend though when they moved...so techinically, not from Ikea! ;)
Hubby loves having his game consoles in little cubbies and drawers to put his games and controllers in. I like not having so much visible clutter. (Although in this picture, it seems there are some wii remotes on the shelf with our ipods...)
I wanted new curtains for this room. These actually (from Ikea, LOL!), but hubby doesn't like them. And we already got into a huge argument over the dining room curtains, so I figured I will pursue my curtain agenda another time. ;)
Oh, are you wondering what that wooden stick in front of the TV is? 
It's hubby's pretend kendo sword that he made. :) Geeks!


So out the door to the balcony.
Here's my potted pansy collection. Part of it anyway. :)


And here is the set up next to the table. 
My going-away-present herbs. A long box full of nasturtiums and sweet peas that I am hoping will eventually grow up the trellis. Seedlings that have since been taken to the garden (where they wilted, froze, dried, and died in the matter of a day -- UGH!). And the tomato and chili plants that hubby wanted. At the base of the tomato, I planted some arugula seeds that have since sprouted. Yay!
There are still some things I want for the balcony, like a hanging pot, lavender, and some solar lanterns. But all in all, I'm pretty pleased.


So there you have a glimpse into our home. The rest is nothing too special and I'm sure you'll see glimpses if you follow the blog. 
I can't be bothered to fight with Blogger over pictures when I feel like the house is ever-changing anyway. ;)

Also because I have pictures from the arboretum to share (uuuh daffodils!) and there is always something to share from the garden. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment