Friday, May 24, 2013

Lately...

These past few days I have been nesting. It's what crazy pregnant women do. Like reorganize walk-in closets, scrub the grout in the shower, vacuum behind couches, reorganize and clean the kitchen cabinets... ya know. It's time consuming. It's tiring. But I'm admittedly rather house-proud and I'm expecting someone very special to come along soon, so it can only be expected!! :)

Also, I've been reading up more on birth since it's getting closer. I have been saying all along (much to the amazement of many) that I'm not scared or nervous and I'd like to go the natural route if possible. So I've been googling natural births and finally caved in and watched "The Business of Being Born" (produced by Ricki Lake of all people, lol!). I wasn't planning on watching it (I had heard about it many months ago) since I figured it would be a lot about how crappy the American health care system was etc (and I just find that sad and depressing since there are those near and dear there), but I read there were a lot of good natural (home) birth experiences on there that I wanted to see, because honestly, who has seen one?
It could be hormones, it could be that I'm sentimental, but I cried throughout the whole thing almost!! I really felt like so many women put into words what I've been meaning all along when I say birth is something I want to experience. And if seeing babies being born isn't enough to bring you to tears, then...you're not me. :D 
If you're interested, check it out. I'll admit it's a little hippy-dippy with the home birth stuff, but it really has a beautiful message for the empowerment of women, no matter your choices.


So lots of pregnancy/birth stuff going on in my brain right now... Which is why I haven't been bothered to crochet. Or do much of anything really. Even the weather has been bad, so I've spent my downtime watching Downton Abbey (thanks pinterest for the idea --I'm hooked!) and sleeping.

I'm waiting for better weather to take some photos outside with the hubster and some blooming apple trees, but I was inspired today by the evening light and ideas from my sister to take photos by the window. 
Hubby helped of course, but I gave him direction. So you could say it was a team effort. ;) 
I know I'm not easy to photograph. :D



Those were the two I liked best. :)

It's pretty late here in my parts, so off to bed it is. 
Tomorrow: gardening!!
I can't wait! I have been missing that place but we sure did need the rain!

See ya soon I'm sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment